They sold to H. A. W. Beer who moved the business to 706 Yates. The Poodle Dog Restaurant moved to the corner of Government and Yates (1239-1245 Government) in 1948 and was very popular in that location until the 1970s.
The buildings at 615-627 Yates Street were destroyed by fire in the last part of the 20th century and a new building was erected on the site.
This Hallmark Heritage Society project was funded by the HBC Foundation and the BC150-Heritage Legacy Fund
Project manager and researcher: Helen Edwards
Principal Photography & Consultant: Ron Bukta, West Ventures Photography