Located at 578 Yates Street in 1907 was the Palace Saloon. The Colonist of February 22, 1901 noted: “Mr. Ralph Borthwick has disposed of his Government and Yates streets property to Mr. H. Siedcnbaum for $17,000. The property has a frontage of 20 feet on Government street and the same on Yates street, being L-shaped. The Palace Saloon, of which Mr . Siedenbaum is proprietor is located on the property.” The saloon is long gone and the site is vacant in 2009.
This Hallmark Heritage Society project was funded by the HBC Foundation and the BC150-Heritage Legacy Fund
Project manager and researcher: Helen Edwards
Principal Photography & Consultant: Ron Bukta, West Ventures Photography