When the streetcar passed this site in 1907, it was the location of the Belmont Saloon. In 1912, the Belmont Building rose on the site. In 2009, it contains Sam’s Deli, Roger’s Sweet Shop, other retail and office on the upper floors.
This Hallmark Heritage Society project was funded by the HBC Foundation and the BC150-Heritage Legacy Fund
Project manager and researcher: Helen Edwards
Principal Photography & Consultant: Ron Bukta, West Ventures Photography