In 1907, the buildings along this portion of Government Street were occupied by: Fletcher Bros. – musical instruments, Senate Saloon – bar, H. E. Munday – boots and shoes, Maryland Restaurant, Diego Zarelli – bootblack, and the Horse Shoe Saloon. It is interesting to note that both Fletcher Bros and H. E. Munday later moved their businesses to Douglas Street.
Today, a modern building houses Sasquatch Trading, Roots – shoes and clothing, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and a jewellery outlet.
This Hallmark Heritage Society project was funded by the HBC Foundation and the BC150-Heritage Legacy Fund
Project manager and researcher: Helen Edwards
Principal Photography & Consultant: Ron Bukta, West Ventures Photography